Sign Up Here!
Who We Are
We are a community of artists and techs on a mission to make things that point people to truth. The goal of the worship ministry is that God be glorified and honored when we meet as a church family. We want God to be pleased with our team. We believe that our Sunday corporate worship expression should be an overflow from living a lifestyle of worship. The best way to get an understanding of our vision and philosophy is to visit us on a Sunday morning. We'd love to get to know you!
The Worship Ministry has the responsibility of facilitating an atmosphere of worship that is conducive to prayer, reflection and expression. This team is made up of covenant members of Steele Creek Church who are taking continued steps of maturity by actively progressing through the Discipleship Series, connecting with a Life Groups and regular attendance. These are the fundamental first steps toward involvement in the Worship Arts Ministry.
There are many opportunities within the Worship Ministry to put into service individual artistic, creative and musical gifts. These include:
- All Together One Choir- This opportunity is open to anyone, 18 years of age and older. Participants share their gifts during the music presentation at all weekend services. The choir is open to anyone. We sing once every three weeks and rehearse Wednesday nights of the week we serve..
- Worship Band - Band members are selected through an interview/audition process.
- Visual Media Team - Responsible for all the visual elements projected on the main screens in the Sanctuary during Sunday Celebrations. This also includes camera operation, video switching, ProPresenter software, and digitally video recording the service. This team is open to volunteers at any skill level. We provide training
- Lighting Team - Responsible for programming and operating the lighting console for the main sanctuary.
You may contact the worship ministry with questions or comments at 704.525.1133 x7627 or email email@example.com.
As a part of our five-year vision, we are launching a worship academy in early 2016. The vision of the academy is to see artists and techies present the truth of the Gospel through the worship arts. The Worship Academy will focus on three fundamental activities:
Musical and artistic training. The Worship Academy will offer individual, private lessons through Steele Creek Church of Charlotte with professional teachers for students, large group/worship band hands-on training and experience, and student-led worship opportunities.
Leadership Development. The Worship Academy will give students the opportunity to experience 1-on-1 mentorship with veteran worship leaders, occasionally participate in large group worship experiences, and lead worship for students at events.
Biblical Discipleship. The Worship Academy will disciple the next generation in what it means to be not only a worship leader, but a follower of Jesus Christ through teaching the Bible and exemplifying the Word of God in all we do.
Vision: (What we see)
The worship arts academy exists to see artists and techies present the truth of the Gospel through the worship arts.
Mission: (What we do)
We teach, equip, and multiply the next generation of artists and techies to serve the church.
Strategy: (How we do it)
We offer students private lessons from professional teachers
We build worship bands by training groups of students to work together
We facilitate mentoring relationships between student artists and performing artists.
- We facilitate regular technical training workshops in a classroom style format
If you know a student grades 1-12 interested in being trained in both the skillset and mindset of worship leading please contact pastor Brad at firstname.lastname@example.org.